Posté le 24/08/2017 TAX REPORTING SPECIALIST FOR COMPLIANCE (M/F) chez East West United Bank
- Métier Fiscalité, taxation, imposition
- Type de contrat CDI
East-West United Bank S.A. is a Luxembourg-based bank with Russian capital offering customised services in Corporate, Private Banking and Wealth Management to corporate and private clients. Acting as a business partner dedicated to building and protecting clients’ interests and providing them with tailor-made financial solutions, the bank has been successfully operating for over 40 years. EWUB is a leading bank with comprehensive knowledge of Luxembourg, Russian and CIS countries’ legislation and business customs combined with an individual approach to each client.
More information is available on our website: www.ewub.lu and on our Facebook page “EWUB Luxembourg”.
Purpose of the position
• As Tax Reporting Specialist, you will be part of the Compliance Department and directly report to the Chief Compliance Officer;
• You will be mainly responsible for organising, implementing and managing the Tax Reporting of our Bank (FATCA, CRS and QI) as well as proposing and driving business and/or operational changes.
Primary duties & Responsibilities
The primary duties & responsibilities consist in assisting the Compliance department in:
• Assessing and explaining to Compliance and Relationship Managers in simple and pragmatic terms QI status(es) requirements, implications for the Bank and advantages for clients;
• Implementing and maintaining Tax reporting requirements (FATCA, CRS and QI status);
• Supporting the ongoing work within the Bank to develop with stakeholders the solution(s) for FATCA, CRS reporting and QI process in view of certification;
• Performing impact assessments, gap analysis and propose action plans when relevant;
• Proposing and driving change within our Bank to enhance operating models, governance frameworks, policies, processes and controls and to minimize compliance and regulatory risk related to Tax reporting and Withholding tax;
• Performing, structuring and documenting regulatory watch.
Additional duties required to facilitate the Compliance culture include:
• To apply, comply with and enforce all applicable regulations taken by the competent authorities and Regulators. To understand and to challenge all procedures regularly.
• Master’s degree and at least 3-4 years of relevant experience in the financial industry in a Big 4 or an international consulting firm (compliance, regulatory or project areas) where you have been exposed to QI, FACTA and CRS regulation framework and implementation on an regular basis;
• Sound knowledge of the applicable tax Reporting requirements and their impacts to the banking industry in Europe/Luxembourg. Other regulations being considered as an asset (e.g. EMIR, PRIIPS, MAD/MAR, etc.);
• Strong analytical and logical problem-solving skills;
• Good overview of the requirements and underlying processes involved;
• Pragmatic approach to implementation and reporting solutions optimization;
• Autonomous, you take ownership of work and follow-up;
• Self-starter, keen to learn and build expertise;
• Integrity and independence of judgement, capacity to investigate thoroughly.
• Good communication skills, both orally and in writing;
• Fluent in English; French, Russian or German are considered assets.